This fund will allow more people in Jersey to be engaged in sport or to become physically active for life
Timelines of the fund
- Application Window: There will be two application rounds in 2021, with closing dates of the 30th May and the 4th
- Assessment Period: June – August 2021, depending on volume of applications.
- Funding must be spent by: usually within one calendar year of award.
The Jersey Community Foundation works with Advisory Groups, with sector specific expertise, to support the Foundation in reviewing applications. Jersey Sport will support the Foundation in promoting the availability of the funds.
There are two funding options available:
- Small Grants – up to £5,000
- Large Development Awards – £5,000 - £50,000
Support will be given to those bids which seek to deliver outcomes with a long-term focus on enabling active living, improving Islanders physical and mental health, and those which will increase participation numbers in sport and physical activity across all the Island’s population.
Your application must:
- Fit one or more charitable purposes as set out in the Charities (Jersey) Law 2014
- Where possible, be endorsed by an appropriate Jersey based sports association or other governing body, unless the application is from a Jersey based sports association with a remit for the development of the sport across the island (preferred for small grants, required for large awards).
- Be able to demonstrate impact against one or more of the following criteria:
- Your project will deliver new opportunities for sport and physical activity across Jersey with a particular focus on communities and individuals less likely or able to engage in your current provision. For example, low-socio economic groups, people with a physical or mental disability, or other communities within the Island.
- Your project supports the development of pathways in sport and physical activity ensuring there is appropriate provision for all participants at every level. For example, making the transition from school sport to club sport.
- Your project will create greater capacity and/or a more highly skilled voluntary or paid workforce to deliver high quality sport and physical activity opportunities in Jersey.
- Your project will improve or add to an existing facility which will support and deliver high quality, inspiring and accessible facilities to be active.
- Your project will work in partnership with other key stakeholders in Jersey such as (but not exhaustive) the police, probation service, education, and the voluntary and community sector, to support individuals to make positive life changes through engaging in sport and physical activity.
- Your project will ensure there is greater sustainability in your provision of sport or physical activity for ALL islanders to maintain and access sport and physical activity as part of their normal daily lives.
What Will Not be Funded
- Sports travel – Jersey Sport have a travel grants fund for sports travel.
- Projects related to performance/ elite sport, for 2021.
Evaluation and Monitoring Requirements
All grant recipients must report to the Foundation on how the grant has been spent and the extent to which the funded activity has achieved the outcomes you submitted in your project plan.
Got a Great Idea?
If you could do with a little help and not sure if your project matches the criteria, then you can always just tell us your idea. Forget about the application process for now, simply tell us your idea - including ones that use sport and physical activity to support the community through the coronavirus crisis - and we'll let you know if it's something we can help you with.
If you need any support with your application, please contact the Jersey Community Foundation in the first instance at: firstname.lastname@example.org.